Recent Posts

Breaking News

PH has no existing positive case of COVID-19 – Palace

By Genalyn Kabiling 

The country has “no existing positive” case of the new coronavirus amid intensified government efforts to contain, if not stop the global health menace, Malacañang said Friday.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo (PCOO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo (PCOO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN)

According to presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo, the government’s main concern is to ensure the safety and protection of Filipinos amid the latest health emergency.

“The Office of the President wishes to emphasize that the Philippines has currently no existing positive case of novel coronavirus amid some news reports highlighting confirmed cases in the country,” he said in a statement Friday.

“On the earlier three reported, one had already expired and the two had already recovered and been discharged. We hope this would enlighten the public,” he added.

Panelo assured the public that the government has put in place “all proper steps and approaches are in place to contain, if not to totally defeat this global health menace.”

“All the protocols so far undertaken to contain the spread of the virus, as well as other measures to be made in relation thereto as the circumstances require, are anchored solely on the safety and security of the health of our countrymen,” he said.

As of Thursday, the health department monitored 441 patients for suspected coronavirus infection, including 230 admitted in hospitals, and 206 discharged after testing negative for the virus. The tally includes the three patients who yielded positive results.

The new coronavirus has left more than 1,000 people dead and thousands more infected worldwide, with the bulk of cases reported in China. World health authorities have warned that the virus posed a grave threat to the world.

In a recent taped national address, Pesident Duterte urged the people to remain calm, vigilant, and responsible as the government addresses the challenge. He said there was no evidence yet of human-to-human transmission in the country but the government is preparing for any eventuality.

He also said the government is prepared to bring home Filipinos in virus-hit China, assuring that he would not neglect them.

The public has also been advised to practice health precautions such as proper hygiene to prevent infection.

No comments